Today’s tip is about administration…I
know it isn’t the most fun thing in the world to talk about. Administration in the bidding world is however
a crucial task that will make everyone’s lives easier and save you a lot of
time in the future; particularly when you are running to a tight deadline!
For every organisation I
have worked for on a full-time basis, one of the first things I have done when joining,
is to create a bid library. As many bids
end up being divided in to separate word documents, one of the first tasks is
to compile every bid in to a single and easily accessible document. Then I've created a ‘Library’ folder that holds all the bids; sometimes divided in to
PQQs and ITTs.
The next stage is to create
an excel document that indexes all of your bids, what they were, when they were
submitted and what the result was. On
another tab have all the questions from all the bids and say what bid they were
from. This gives an easily accessible
library of questions that you can search through should you need a former
answer to use as a base template.
No comments:
Post a Comment