Thursday, 12 June 2014

Tip of the Day - Bid Packs

Just a short tip today but one thing I’ve found particularly useful working across a bid (particularly large ones) is to have a bid pack.  These are simply PowerPoints that summarise all the information in to one easily accessible document.  The idea is that the bid pack is constantly evolving document that you create at the earliest stage of the process and continue through until the end. In particular, I find them particularly useful for presenting information to Executives and Directors, as well as to people you need to involve in the project without overwhelming them with information.

A quick summary of the slides I would have includes:
·         Summary information – including commissioner, contract title, value, length, commencement date, etc
·         Overall procurement timetable
·         Background information on commissioners
·         Background information on the contract – to include information on the current provision (if applicable)
·         Service model information
·         Service model diagram
·         Potential competitors
·         How your organisation is positioned to bid for this – e.g. strengths and weaknesses

·         Win themes

No comments:

Post a Comment